OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
It’s important that you know what personal information Ticketnet (known here as "we" or "Ticketnet") collects about you, and how we use it.
Nous avons fait de notre mieux afin que nos explications soient concises et facilement intelligibles. Toutefois, si vous souhaitez obtenir de plus amples informations ou si vous avez des questions, veuillez contacter notre Délégué à la We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
In accordance with the applicable legislation (General Data Protection Regulation no2016/679 and the law of January 10, 1978 relative to data processing, files and liberties modified), and after having justified your identity, you can exercise at any time your rights (information, access, opposition, rectification, earsure) regarding your personal data. For more information, please refer to the paragraph entitled Your Choices and rights.
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
1. purchase a ticket from us, we will use the information you provide us to fulfil both our and the Event Partners obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where permitted, keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you; and
Your choices and rights are explained in more detail below.
1- What Information We Have & Where We Get It
• When you create an account, buy a ticket or have a ticket transferred to you by a friend, we will collect your information which depending on service we are providing, may include your contact and billing information.
• When you use our websites, we collect information such as the browser and device you're using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn't use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
• When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
• If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
• In the few instances where we collect personal information from children, we always seek parental consent and will only ever collect such information for the purposes specified when we collect it
We use suppliers who collate geodemographic data which assists us in better personalising our services to you. If you’d prefer that we do not do this, see the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
2- How We Use Your Information & Why
This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy merchandise or a ticket) so we can:
• process your order,
• take payment,
• deliver your order,
• provide you with customer support.
For our legitimate business interests
• To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
• For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section 3 below).
• To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders.
• To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner's brands), fraud, or other crimes.
• To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you purchase tickets to pop events and you have consented to our marketing, we will inform you about other pop events we think you might be interested in.
- For further information, please see the following of this section.
About your personalisation settings
We can give you more of what you want when we know you better. To make sure our messages and website are relevant to you, we create a user profile with the information we know about you and how you use our services.
How to turn off personalisation
Simply turn off “Allow personalisation” in your account settings. We’ll stop any personalisation and only use your data for essential services, such as screening for fraud or tout activity - and for any Verified Fan presales. If you do not have an account, you can contact us to turn this off.
What happens if you turn off personalisation?
We will no longer use your data to determine what you might be interested in. This means you won’t get any personal recommendations and any newsletters you’ve subscribed to will be generic (although if you’ve asked to receive alerts about specific artists or venues, you’ll still receive these).
We will still perform profiling activities where we need to do so to deliver our services to you, for example for fraud screening purposes and where you specifically request we do so such as for a Verified Fan Presale.
Is turning off personalisation the same as turning off cookies?
No, they’re separate. To control your cookies settings, you can use our cookies consent tool. See our Cookies Policy for more information.
Where you’ve given your consent
• To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below,
• To provide you with location based services,
• To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites (see our Cookies Policy for more information).
• To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
Privacy Statement: Data Retention
We retain data in accordance with our internal policies to manage your account and provide the goods and services you have requested. We also retain certain data to comply with our legal obligations. The retention periods for the main categories of personal data we process are as follows:
|Retention periods of personal data
The duration indicated covers the shelf life in active database and internal archive
|Customer account and orders informations||6 years from last purchase|
|Customer account with no order||3 years from the last account modification|
|Newsletters subcription||3 years from registration unless you inform us that you wish to continue receiving newsletters|
|Credit card information||13 months from date of payment
No bank data is directly stored by Ticketnet
3- Who We Share Your Data With & Why
• Within the Live Nation Entertainment family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical support.
• Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
• We may share your information with our Event Partners (venue, event promoter, record label, artist) so they can run the event and provide you with services you have purchased. In this case, we make sure your data will not be used by our Partners for marketing purpose.
• Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g. ticket insurance or merchandise) so that they can process and fulfil your orders.
• Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
• Any successor to all or part of our business.
4- Your Choices & Rights
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following.
• To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences within your account, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
• To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or keep your location off. To stop web push notifications, you will need to use your browser settings.
• To object to personalisation you can change your preferences within your account. If this option is not available you can contact us and we will do it for you
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
• The right to object to our processing of your data.
• The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
• The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
• The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
• The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us. Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive, your rights may differ according to your place of residence and we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
You can also exercise your rights (information, access, opposition, modification), regarding your personal data by mail at the following address :
Ticketnet / Ticketmaster France – Challenge 92 – 101 avenue François Arago – 92017 NANTERRE Cedex.
5- Looking After Your Information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
As a part of a global group of companies, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of Europe. At the same time, when world-class acts are touring, in order to provide you a seamless experience, your information may be transferred internationally.
When transferring information in this way, there are strict rules in place to ensure your data is still protected to a high standard. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. Where your information is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, we will use one of the mechanisms listed below.
• Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission
• EU-US Privacy Shield
• Binding Corporate Rules
• Binding Corporate Processor Rules
For more information, or to get a copy of the relevant documentation please contact us.
6- Contact Us
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, our dedicated Privacy Office, including our Data Protection Officer, is here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.